Young artists and wordsmiths, from primary schools with a SO postcode in the Winchester district, have been invited to submit via their school an original piece of art or writing for the ‘Extraordinary Women’ Exhibition being held in early September at The Great Hall in Winchester.
2018 marks the 100th anniversary of the Universal Suffrage Act, when (some) women finally gained the right to vote and the 90th anniversary of the Equal Franchise Act, when all women finally achieved the same voting rights as men. This September, Heritage Open Days will be commemorating not just those who fought so hard to gain the vote, but the hundreds and thousands of other women who have changed our lives in both large and small ways over time.
We are asking young artists and wordsmiths to answer
‘Who is your Heroine?’
- Invitations were issued in March to headteachers of all the eligible schools.
- Entries must be submitted via the primary school
- Deadline to enter is Wednesday 27th June 2018.
- Every exhibitor will receive a certificate, and prizes will be awarded for the first and runner-up prizes in each category.
- Free entry and open to pupils of primary schools with a SO postcode in the Winchester district.
- Copies of the competition rules are available here.
This is a wonderful opportunity for aspiring artists and writers to have their work publicly exhibited at The Great Hall in Winchester. We can’t wait to see which women our local young artists and wordsmiths decide to celebrate.