It is only May and we already have 43 confirmed events and know there are quite a few more to register. What’s more many of this years venues and events are new ones. It is all very exciting!
Whilst the final few entries are registered, Nicky and I are focusing on fundraising, our launch event, website development and designing the printed programme. I’m so excited though that I can’t wait to share more details of this year’s fabulous line up! So here you go a sneak preview of some of the events you can expect:
- Story-telling in a secret garden and poetry readings in The Close
- Behind the scenes tours, exhibitions, one-off guided tours and lectures
- A chance to watch skilled artisans at work
- Rare opportunities to visit buildings not usually open to the general public including Winchester College and IBM’s private museum in Hursley
- Some rather special food and drink tastings
- Free entry to many of Winchester’s historic venues and museums
- Vintage bus rides and vintage car displays
- Opportunities to try your hand at a range of activities from martial arts to croquet to making medieval tiles and the longest line of bunting
- Or if nature is your thing perhaps you would prefer to join the swans and try your hand at river dipping!
Whatever your interests, whatever your age we are sure to have something for you. It looks like 2017 might be our most diverse year yet.
Once everything is confirmed more details will be published here on our website, the national website and in our printed programme. In the meanwhile can I ask two favours 1) please sign up* today to receive the latest news via email as many of the events will be pre-booked and we would hate for you to miss out! And 2) if you own a local business could you help support this amazing community weekend through sponsorship? If think you could please contact us.
* Simply click on the ‘follow’ button at the top of this page to receive notifications of our latest news