Terms & Conditions (The “Rules”)
Please note that in the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom (except where the individual Competition Notices indicate otherwise)
- The email and/or address you provide with your competition entry (“Entry“) may be used to contact you and to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct.
- Persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families i.e. judges and prize sponsors are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- By using our website and entering the Competition you indicate that you are aged 18 or over, or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if we believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed (unless otherwise indicated by individual Competition notices).
- Where a winner has been selected and Winchester Heritage Open Days discover or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one Entry, we reserve the right to select an alternative winner.
- Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified in the Competition Notice.
- Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupted entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, we do not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
- Winchester Heritage Open Days reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of our control.
- Prize winners will be chosen at random, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying Entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice.
- Prize winners will be notified in the manner specified on the Competition Notice, and within 56 days of the closing date.
- Return of any prize notification as un-deliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded.
- Competition winner(s) names may be published on our website, on our Facebook page, across our Social Media and in local media.
- Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries (eg photographs)
- Whilst you retain ownership and copyright, including the right to use your Entry in any way you choose, we will be able to use Entries as set out in these rules.
- In consideration of Winchester Heritage Open Days providing the competition, each entrant hereby agrees that Winchester Heritage Open Days (and any third parties authorised by us) may make any and all Entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media. Each entrant also gives Winchester Heritage Open Days licence to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, and edit the Entry for such purposes.
- We may, in appropriate circumstances, and at our sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
- In submitting an entry, entrants are confirming that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Winchester Heritage Open Days (and that of associated prize sponsors) reserves the right to use the names of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent. Please note however that the winning entrants name, address and contact details may need to be passed to the prize sponsors to enable the delivery of any prizes.
- Data relating to entrants may be retained for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist us to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.